1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel or Photoshop

Discussion in 'General Software' started by posiimage, Apr 3, 2015.

1. posiimage

posiimage Active Member

I've been using Photoshop since the 90's. I honestly feel that Photoshop is easier to use and more versatile. It's also available on both Mac and PC. Which do you prefer Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw and why?[​IMG]

2. Anjii

Anjii Pro

I have to say that I am Photoshop through and through - been using it for over 10 years and the thought of learning a whole new programme fills me with horror! I stick to what I know. I think Photoshop is well suited to photography and art, and Corel Draw perhaps more design? Alot fo people tend to stick with what they first learn with at college too, or what is required for their industry.

3. Gurpreet Saluja

Gurpreet Saluja Active Member

both have their own pros n cons..depends on what you actually need.

4. Lancer

Lancer Active Member

I found that Corel is good for drawing. I tried it once.
    I tried Photoshop for photo and design and find it good as well. I tried it to draw and it does it well. So, I prefer photoshop. However, the final decision depends on the ones you master the most, what you want to achieve and how you want to achieve it.

5. TehGeekGrl

TehGeekGrl Well-Known Member

Another vote for photoshop here too, what I'm sued to I suppose. I've never used corel draw.

6. DaCollector

DaCollector Active Member

I've used both too actually, but once you are on the adobe train it is hard to get off. It is hard to beat the whole creative cloud thing and the ability to switch and share between programs with the Photoshop family. I rarely see Corel being recommended anymore.

7. Jeanie Sarrato

Jeanie Sarrato Active Member

Same here. I stopped hearing about Corel years ago but EVERYONE I know who does anything with graphics used Photoshop.

8. DaCollector

DaCollector Active Member

That's the thing now - even in video production - you are often expected to have a working knowledge of the other Adobe products because of the whole integration with the Creative Cloud. They can expect you to be able to export something out of your edit software, or photoshop, bring it into After Effects, then back out ... as a fast example.

9. Jeanie Sarrato

Jeanie Sarrato Active Member

I've also never seen a job ad requesting that the person knows Corel but I've seen tons of ads requiring skill in Photoshop.