1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to learn web development.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Linda, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Linda

Linda Active Member

Please help me to learn how to made is easy?

2. somebody1982

somebody1982 Active Member

A school, a bookstore or Youtube are probably your best bets for learning web development. No matter which route you choose it will be difficult and it will take time. I have been messing with computers for ever and I am good at somethings but, not great at any one thing. If I wanted to take my good skills and make them great it would not be a quick process.

Another thing to consider when it comes to web development is the competition. Even if you get good at it, are you as good as the people already doing it? Some of the web developers I see these days blow me away.

3. Nenad__

Nenad__ Member

You should start with HTML and CSS. After you mastered them start learning JavaScript and jQuery. If you prefer programming on server side (back-end), you can learn PHP, Python or Ruby.

Best ways to start leaerning HTML and CSS are watching or reading tutorials and DIY sites.

I suggest following order:
    1. Sign up to Codecademy.com and start doing" HTML and CSS" and "Make a Website" courses to get started and to learn the syntax.
    2. 30 Days to Learn HTML and CSS Course
      Watch this fantastic video course on Tuts+ for free. You will learn the essentials of HTML and CSS, CSS Frameworks and you will also learn how to convert a PSD file to HTML. You have to sign up in order to watch this course.
    3. W3Schools.com is probably the best web-development refference online. You will find everything you need about HTML, CSS, JavaScript etc. there.

4. christian

christian Well-Known Member

You learn web development by building projects more than by doing lessons. Take a couple of days and build yourself a homepage where you will eventually show off your projects. Build it using the skills you have learned so far, and make sure you use responsive design so that your page looks as good on a smart phone or tablet as it does on your laptop.

Once you've finished this, it's time to learn code.