1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion

Discussion in 'On My Mind' started by David, Aug 17, 2016.

  1. David

    David Active Member

    DISCLAIMER: Lets keep this thread nice and civilized, I don't want to spark anything offensive or hurtfull.
    This of course doesn't mean that you can't state your opinion, if you're offended by something purely because it's not in line with what you think, I expect you to be civil about it. If you can't handle it then place close this thread.

    With that being said: What is your intake on religion?

    I myself am an Agnostic Atheist. Agnostic means that I don't believe that you can ever prove or disprove a god, and that anyone claiming that a deity does/does not excist is wrong. The only way a statement about religion is 100% correct is if it starts with "I believe". With that being said, I don't believe god excists.

    My reasoning is that science simply learned too much for us to still believe in most of the things the holy books of today claim. Many of those things would in reality have left scars or marks on our planet, that we could find and study, but this has never been the case.

    We have proven evolution (for those who didn't know, yes evolution is a fact) so adam and eve is out of the question. We have proven that the earth is billions of years old, not thousands. We have found hundreds and hundreds of fossils and items in earth layers who ALL have correct dates according to where they're found.

    It has never happened that a fossil from the Jurrasic period, was found in earth layers from the Triassic period. Or anything like that.

    With that being said, I have no reason to believe in a god, as 90% of reasoning from religious people can be explained, and the other 10% usually simply leaves science in question, but doesn't prove a god.
     

Share This Page