1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones' started by thavented, Apr 12, 2015.

1. thavented

thavented Active Member

Is anybody thinking about purchasing a new Apple watch? Personally, I don't wear a watch. I haven't in years since I bought a smartphone that has a clock and it's with me all the time. The price range is between $350 and $27000. Do I get to travel through time for $27000? Is it a fracking time machine?

2. Livid

Livid Pro

I currently wear a normal watch daily, but the thought of having a watch that is constantly connected and tracking my location, doesn't quite appeal to me. If the watch somehow is even anywhere near $27,000, that would arguably be the most stupid thing I've seen a company do. Oh wait, I forgot about Google.

3. Valos

Valos Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in smartwatches, and it's not only because I can't afford one. I just don't see a point in something that costs an arm and a leg and still needs a smartphone in your pocket to do anything more than show the time. Add a very short (one day) battery life to that and what's the point? When I got my phone with me anyways I can just use that for everything I could use a smartwatch for, and lots and lots of other things as well.

Just a waste of money in my opinion.

4. I personally think that it is a huge waste of money. It's basically like a small iPhone on your wrist, and aside from that it costs so much. Why would I want to buy a watch that is that expensive when I have a phone that works just fine? It just doesn't make sense to me why these people are buying this watch. It's not the first smart watch that has come out either. Apple was pretty late to the game and jacked up their prices. I would much rather get another smart watch that I would have to pay a ton of money for. I just personally think that these watches are a waste of money if you already have an iPhone, which you have to have in the first place to make them work.

5. TehGeekGrl

TehGeekGrl Well-Known Member

I can't see the appeal of the apple watch either.

I am looking forward to seeing if they catch on. I am into gadgets, love my iphone, but have no interest in this.

6. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

And the crazy part is, you can listen to songs. :D

7. Zaiva

Zaiva Member

This would be completely pointless for me to own, though people these days want the all the latest tech. I'll just stick to my normal watch for now, but it's interesting to see more companies invest in wearable technology. At the moment though, they are really expensive, big to wear and not worth it in my opinion.

I only know a couple of people who actually bought them, so I don't think it's something which has really taken off yet, there's still a long way to go before I will be investing in one for the price they charge.