1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about trust?

Discussion in 'On My Mind' started by baelyjames22, Jul 20, 2016.

1. baelyjames22

baelyjames22 Active Member

I find that most people these days, specially around my age (20's) don't care so much about trust. Like when a a person used to get lied to or cheated on, that was it. No second chances. Then I have also noticed a lack of trust in almost all relationships. People always seem to be worried about getting stabbed in the back.

Have we become incapable of handling the truth and more accepted of lies?

2. David

David Active Member

Well the thing about trust is that the more important trust is, the more damage the person can do if he decides to break the trust.
    Example, if I trust my friend to pay me back 5 bucks the risk is low, if he breaks my trust I won't lose much. But If we're talking about returning 5000 dollars, it's a completely different story.

There are so many people on the planet, that it can be hard to progress in life, people do what they have to to grow in wealth, power and knowledge.
    Trust is a vulnerability that usually gets us burned more often than not. So at a certain point it's logical to assume trust is nothing but a complication and many people forfeit it.

I myself don't trust others at all, I always consider the possibility of being betrayed, so I place my trust accordingly. Make sure you have a backup for if someone stabs you in the back and you'll never find yourself upset.

Only after time passes (and prefferably negative events happen where said person actuall proves loyalty by helping me out) will I trust them. And when I find a true friend who I can trust, I trust them blindly.
    But I will simply never take a dumb risk like giving out the PIN to my bank cards, or the password to my social media, there simply is no need for others to have it so why give it?

Important..hmm yeah I guess I think trust is important to some extend, it keeps people from becoming too distanced and cold.